Can I use shortened commands for the labs?

AvocadoAvocado Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
For the lab part of CCNA exam, is it ok to use "sh cdp neigh" instead of the full "show cdp neighbor"?

And do you lose points if you use the question marks in the labs as a guide looking for the correct syntax of the commands?

Comments

• poguepogue Member Posts: 213
    No offense, but use your common sense here.

If sh cdp neigh does not work on the exam..... Use show cdp neighbor.

As for your second question.. You will likely get a unspecifc answer at best, as this is a possible NDA violation..

But setting that aside.. Do you really want to go into the CCNA exam (at a cost of $250.00 to certify, and be so unsure as to how to accomplish a task that you need to use the ? function?

1. Study your CCNA literature until you KNOW you know it.

2. Lab until you are comfortable with what you need to do as an employed CCNA.

3. Don't try to take shortcuts to barely pass the test.

Russ
    Currently working on: CCNA:Security
    Up next: CCNA:Voice
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Yes, you can use abbreviations (if it's coded into your sim) and help (?).
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    A simulation by definition is a representation of the real thing. Although I would expect everything to work as if it were the real equipment, I would be prepared to use full commands as pogue mentioned just in case. Better safe than sorry.
  • AvocadoAvocado Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pogue wrote: »
    No offense, but use your common sense here.

If sh cdp neigh does not work on the exam..... Use show cdp neighbor.

As for your second question.. You will likely get a unspecifc answer at best, as this is a possible NDA violation..

But setting that aside.. Do you really want to go into the CCNA exam (at a cost of $250.00 to certify, and be so unsure as to how to accomplish a task that you need to use the ? function?

1. Study your CCNA literature until you KNOW you know it.

2. Lab until you are comfortable with what you need to do as an employed CCNA.

3. Don't try to take shortcuts to barely pass the test.

Russ

Exactly, I'm paying for 250, and I don't want to fail. I want to be prepared as much as possible.
    And because this is large sum of money and time, I want to find out all I can before I take the test.

So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss. - from The Art of War.
  • AvocadoAvocado Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies.