Cisco Networking Acadmey

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone in this forum even taken the Cisco Networking Academy course and if so what was your experiences ?
I am currently coming to the end of CCNA Exploration "Network Fundamentals 4.0 and getting ready to take my final exam and I thought I would pose the question.

Please advise
Patrick
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
    only done version 3.0, which was really good in my eyes
    Currently Studying: CCNP Security
    300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
    300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • binaryhatbinaryhat Member Posts: 129
    I took part 1 of the Cisco Networking Academy course at a community college. I was unimpressed with the instructor. I learned some stuff but for me self-studying is better.
    Currently working on:
    ICND1 - TBD
    Book: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide
    Equipment: Packet Tracer, GNS3
    Supplement Material: Youtube, Google, Boson ExamSim-Max, CBTNuggets
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I did the network academy probably back in '04, so I'm sure it has changed since then. Had 2 different instructors one for CCNA 1/2 and another for CCNA 3/4 I had good instructors so I learned a lot, and that was my first exposure to Cisco. Based on the classes and some extra studying I was able to get CCNA.

For what it was worth I enjoyed it, good times.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    I did the first part of the CCNA Exploration (Network Fundamentals) as a uni subject a few years back (200icon_cool.gif.
    It was pretty easy. Get used to the multi choice questions and make sure to do the recommended readings and take notes.
    Do as much practise on the lab equipment as you can while you have access.

Finally getting around to going for my CCNA this year.
    Still have access to the online course notes here at work, unfortunately the cisco academy here only teaches ccna level (up to voip and security)
    (work in the wrong area to get to do the courses for free)

Its a good introduction but still quite a bit to go before you can sit the ICND1 exam.

If you can, get a copy of packet tracer, its tutorials and the cisco command reference manual (Ciscopedia).
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I went through it between 2004-2006 and learned alot. It was pretty tough in my opinion. I don't think an "A" in the academy will necessarily translate to a pass on the CCNA, but it's a good start. Finish the courses, spend some time studying on your own, and knock it out.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    xenodamus wrote: »
    I went through it between 2004-2006 and learned alot. It was pretty tough in my opinion. I don't think an "A" in the academy will necessarily translate to a pass on the CCNA, but it's a good start. Finish the courses, spend some time studying on your own, and knock it out.

I agree, I am using Tood Lammle's CCENT and two diffeerent CCNA CBT's, This site and a whole bunch of Misc Material. I do have Packet Tracer 5.3 and GNS3 but I have never gotten GNS 3 to work right on my laptop.

My instructor say's when I am done with the class I will be able to pass the CCNA. I have my dubts so I am going to do ICND1 and then do ICND 2 when I am done and then I may move on to something else in Cisco or try my had at Juniper Certification or Linux Certification.

If anyone else has done the Cisco Network Acadmey I would love to hear your feedback.

Patrick
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino