ICND1 Pass

phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yes, its another "Passed!" thread.

I took and passed ICND1 today.
I used the Sybex CCNA (v7), Sybex CCNA command guide, CBTNuggets, and the INE videos.
I have ICND2 lined up later this month, so it is back to labbing to make sure I have everything down for part 2.

The test was fairly straight forward. I ran into a couple of glitches with the test (one sim didn't have any active command needed to verify a setting. I researched/checked every method after I left and none worked in the test). I also had a couple of wireless questions that... well lets say the CWTS exam covered the topic better (based on my experience and reading there was no correct or even appropriate answer). These are just my observations, so ymmv.

After I take and pass ICND2 I will post with my thoughts on the whole process and my materials.
Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!! The ICND2 is a little tough but it's fun :)
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
    how much studying/lab time did you do?
    Currently Studying: CCNP Security
    300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
    300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the CCENT and good luck with the next one!

icon_thumright.gif
  • jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gratz!

I plan on taking the CCNA composite exam instead of the ICND2. I heard the ICND2 is one tough cookie.
  • phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the congrats.
    craigaaron wrote: »
    how much studying/lab time did you do?
    About 3 months but I have been very busy with other things during most of that time (extra work hours, side work for people, and wife/daughter). Realistically, I should have had this done a lot sooner. Normally I can devote a lot more time to studying but I just wasn't able to recently. My time was divided into about 80% reading and 20% labbing.

I'm looking forward to ICND2. I really enjoyed the topics it covered. I'm sure it wont be a cake walk, but that is what practice is for right?
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

I'm looking forward to getting into Cisco once I finish up my MS certs
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63