Options

I think I got carried away on ebay, grr

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
I will still honour the sale and buy it of course but was just wondering what other people thought and there opinion on how much I over bid

Asus P5Q Deluxe

Core2Quad E6600

4 X 1Gig Corsair XMS2

OCZ SSD Vertex 2 30Gig

Also the guy claims he will throw in a Coolermaster V8 heatsink

And my winning bid was £185 + £10 delivery

Not the bargain of the century I must admit

How much would you pay for this?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    mayhem87mayhem87 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    looks like its $285.30 usd.

Ya you got a little carried away considering that is a couple gens behind. Also you are going to need a video card because that board doesn't have onboard video. What are you trying to use it for?

BTW which is it a dual core or quad? you have quad C2Q but the E6600 is a dual core... So is it a E6600 or a Q6600?
  • Options
    Sorry yer my mistake its Q6600, and I have a Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT 512MB, I know this spec is old but in comparison so either sourcing 2nd hand i3 or i5 CPU and DDR3 or buying new stuff, how much over the actual value of these items am I actually paying?

If I bought all of this on Ebay individually with postage included do you think I would end up paying this anyway?
  • Options
    Lee H wrote: »
    Sorry yer my mistake its Q6600, and I have a Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT 512MB, I know this spec is old but in comparison so either sourcing 2nd hand i3 or i5 CPU and DDR3 or buying new stuff, how much over the actual value of these items am I actually paying?

If I bought all of this on Ebay individually with postage included do you think I would end up paying this anyway?

Well if you were to price it all out right now you can get a new i5 2400 from micro center for $124 however there are i3's on ebay for $119 shipped.
    cheap mobo for $79 asus p8h67
    8gb of ram is usually going for around $40

Really you would just have to find a hard drive then. If you were to go for the first gen i3 or i5 I'm sure it can get even cheaper.

keep in mind tho this is all from the states getting shipped to the states.

i dont know if you actually need the quad cause im not sure what you plan on doing with it.
  • Options
    My current PC is E4500 @ 2.2Ghz clocked to 2.9Ghz, 6 Gig OCZ, 8600GT, 30Gig OCZ SSD, snappy as hell and runs the latest games

Am trying to get another similar spec PC and wanted ASUS board, already have a spare E4300 @ 1.8Ghz which I could clock to 2.2Ghz maybe, this will be used for the same thing so I thought why not go with Quad seeing as it comes with the board, plus I get an OCZ SSD not too fussed that its only 30Gig thats plenty for the OS

Am not happy that I am paying £195 for all this, if I knew how much over I had priced then thats all I would feel I had lost, ya get me?
  • Options
    dont feel too bad about it. I had a q6600 before moving to i5 2500k and didnt really notice a difference until gaming at higher res. Hopefully it will be a G0 stepping and overclock well but do watch the temps. Mine didn't oc well and put out a wicked amount of heat. Really the SSD is whats going to make it feel snappy.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Lee H wrote: »
    My current PC is E4500 @ 2.2Ghz clocked to 2.9Ghz, 6 Gig OCZ, 8600GT, 30Gig OCZ SSD, snappy as hell and runs the latest games

That is ab slight exaggeration. If you aren't playing the likes of Skyrim or BF3...then you aren't playing the latest games. And your system would collapse with those, amongst others. Unless you're playing low details at an awful resolution.

FWIW, the Q6600 stock is still slightly better than your oced 4500. I personally consider cpu/mobo upgrades to be that of at least 1 generation newer though....
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    I agree its not a massive upgrade, but this is going to be my PC number 2 so am building a whole new rig

I have played Fifa12, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, I suppose these don't count as the latest games?
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Not massive, but I would make it YOUR cpu. You should be able to easily squeeze an extra 500mhz out of it. Makes no sense to deprive yourself of a faster cpu with 2 more cores.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???