Options

Salary increase after first to second year in I.T

bugme1bugme1 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

What was your salary increase after first year in I.T?

What you start on and after 1 to 2 years what are you on?

Any information as I have a review coming up in a month.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I think you are approaching this the wrong way or at east asking the wrong question. Salaries in New York, Chicago, LA are not the same than those in small cities. You can't compare apples to apples by asking what you just asked. Besides location, you will need to factor in job specifics. What your current role involves may not be the same than someone else who started a role with different duties. If you will ask for X percentage increase you definitely need to research the market in your area so you don't go over or under. Also, be ready to discuss the goals you have accomplished as well as how they helped the company. Even if you do your homework and have a solid plan don't get frustrated if they shoot you down. Ask what you can do to improve and obtain that raise. Best of luck.
  • Options
    millyruph09millyruph09 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hopefully, it will increase immediately...
  • Options
    andre81andre81 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ask yourself what you now bring
    to the company that you did not a year ago. If it warrants a raise than bring those things up if your boss does not.
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    the biggest thing I think you should consider is that if you are not growing enough in your current position to warrant a raise, after 2 years, you need to ask about promotion potentials, extra duties, or look for a new position. I have had to change employers every two years because of this and am now making 2.5 times what I was this time last year. Job loyalty is only worth it if your employer is able to help you achieve your goals.
  • Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    35.17% raise in one year, but that came from busting my ass and getting a two step promotion (jr to sr level). Also got a training trip to Germany and another one to India. CISSP training and certification was paid for, and they just agreed to pay for my MSISA with WGU. My company has been great to me so far, and haven't even been with them for 2 years yet.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    2% to 6% has been the range for annual increases at every company I've worked for, based on your annual performance review. I usually get the top of that range.

When I've moved on and changed companies, highest has been 63%, lowest has been 16%.