Options

questions regarding a+

premdhar007premdhar007 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
how many days wil it take 2 prepare fr a+??? and please tel me the recommendation study fr a+

Comments

• Options
    charlesc09charlesc09 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Varies. But for A+, if you have desktop support/pc build experience, that will def cut your study time. Total noob, I would say maybe 6 months. Cause it does take some time to absorb all the new terms and technologies.

Recommendation Study, I think Mike Meyers have the best source. I used his All-In-One Book, some other people use his passport, which is also good.

In addition to that, for me personally. I enjoy using exam cram. That would give you quick review as well as practice questions.

You could also watch free A+ videos from Professor Messer, 20+ hours of video time. Don't watch them all in a few days.
  • Options
    cownaetioncownaetion Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also used Mike Meyer's AIO A+ book and I have to admit its a good book, regardless if your taking the exam or not. The A+ exam I took didn't have a lot of the 'low-level' material, such as questions asking about the throughput of the different types of buses and what not. Most of the questions were troubleshooting and after taking the Network+, I think all CompTIA exams (at least the trifecta) are heading in that direction and that's what I'll be expecting for the Security+.

If your studying for the A+ and are new, I would definitely recommend getting a hold of a old PC that you can dissect to learn with. I've been building my own machines for 13 years now and I collect other peoples old machines so I always have spare parts. I'm pretty sure if you check the local classified papers where you live (for instance we have the Want Ad Digest in NY, not sure if its available nation-wide but I'm sure something similar is), you can usually find old PCs for like $100, which you can pick up cheaper by offering them less (cause they never sell). Another good way to get cheap machines is either eBay or Goodwill's site (I've gotten so much good stuff from this site). Good luck!