Options

Finding specific IT Jobs for Fresh IT Graduates?

nettetechnettetech Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can someone help me or can you just give any suggestions on how to find specific jobs for newly IT graduates?

Comments

• Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    nettetech wrote: »
    Can someone help me or can you just give any suggestions on how to find specific jobs for newly IT graduates?

1. Volunteer = im sure there's tons of call center that have data center. Just tell them you want to do internship.
    2. Sometimes its who you know not what you know. Call your friends and ask if they know anybody that works in IT.
    3. Get some certs. Its essential for new guys. At least the manager will feel that you are hungry to learn or have that basic understanding on that certain technology. Do you have any certs at all?
    4. Do you know whats your end goal? network engineer or system engineer or security guru or jack of all trades?
    If you dont have any certs. I suggest you study for MCITP EA if you want to become a system guru or start in CCNA if you want to stay in routers and switches.

Goodluck pare!
  • Options
    nettetechnettetech Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the advice :)
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nettetech wrote: »

Research all the outsource companies in your state and write in enquiring about graduate trainee positions.
  • Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Do you know whats your end goal? network engineer or system engineer or security guru or jack of all trades?

And from my experience, expect this above question to be an interview question. For every position I applied to when I was a new graduate, this was a question.

And on to pof what NOC-Ninja and Turgon said, are their any companies you really want to work for in your area, specifically large companies? I know of several that have new graduate training programs (Nestle Purina and Johnson & Johnson are two that do this for example).