Point towards really***reallly***really good CCNA Workbooks***

Ola_CISCOOla_CISCO Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

1.Could you point me in the right direct for some really good CCNA workbooks please:

so far the one I have used always use commands that come up invalid on my equipment icon_cry.gif

2.Also can someone point me in the right direction to to get a new ios image for my 2520 router, I currently have c2500-is-112.151..... on it but I want to upgrade to 12.3 IP PLUS/ or IP. I found this on the Cisco site but I am unable to download it even though I have a login account.

could someone please point me in the right direction.

thanks

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use Boson NetSim. It's not a workbook per say, but it has commands and a decent "build your own" way. Although i've been told GNU3 is better, I don't have any images for equipment to use GNU3.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Ola_CISCOOla_CISCO Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reply Rougetadhg.

But just to clarify, I do have the equipment:

2x 2950 switches
    1 2520 router
    2x 2620 routers,

I need some good workbooks to get me started and help to upgrade the ios on the 2520 router.

Thanks
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the link alan2308.
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    You can't download an ios image from cisco unless you have paid support - thats the legal way and the way you do it for commercial (non home lab) equipment. For home labs find an image and upgrade it - i.e don't ask , don't tell

for upgrading ios
    Software Upgrade Procedure - Cisco Systems

free tftp server for windows - works well
    TFTP server

12.4 is the ios version cisco recommends for use for studying for certs
    you can use earlier versions but not all commands may be the same or available

https://www.networkworld.com/community/node/24399
    CCNA Router IOS Features
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
    Thanks for this info alxx.
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Best way to go is use the Cisco iOS feature navigator

Find your router, find the latest iOS for it that has the features you wasn't or need.
    Then check the ram , flash and if needed boot loader requirements to see if it will run on your router.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014