Lab Building site: Network Communication Solutions

RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
I've been looking to purchase equipment - Other than ebay (which I live at work, which is wonderfully blocked). I found this website a while back and I was hoping someone had some dealing with or can tell me if these persons are worth while.

Network Communication Solutions

They seem to have fairly inexpensive lab solutions, and come with labs.
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Comments

• angel.oaangel.oa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    it seems overpriced to me imho
    Currently reading :study:

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
    Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
    JNCIA - Junos Study Guide - Parts 1 & 2
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Angel.0a. it looked pretty good, but again im not able to go to ebay for the stuff icon_sad.gif

Thank you Ltat42a.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You're welcome.

Here's a couple more - The first one has racks and cables, not a lot of hardware. The second one has cable instructions:

Dantrak Net  - New and Used Networking Equipment and Peripherals. Skeletek Racks and Accessories.

The contents of this page is informational only and complements of DANTRAK
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I've bought from Dantrak before, 5 of the pieces in my CCIE rack came from them. I found them to be reasonably priced, the equipment was as represented, and they shipped quickly.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I've been looking to purchase equipment - Other than ebay (which I live at work, which is wonderfully blocked). I found this website a while back and I was hoping someone had some dealing with or can tell me if these persons are worth while.

Network Communication Solutions

They seem to have fairly inexpensive lab solutions, and come with labs.

Way, way, way overpriced. I was looking at their cheaper CCIE R&S rack, and I picked up better equipment than that for much less than half their price.

The thing to remember about buying a full lab kit is that the convenience is going to cost you. That's always been the case. You'll pay significantly more for a coke at the gas station than you will at the grocery store, for example.

If you keep an eye on ebay, you can find some really good deals. So the question begs - which do you have more of, time or money?
  • KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with Forsaken.. also there is a fun part of hunting for the gear and then putting it together..
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I spend most of my time at work. I go home to sleep, shower and grab a quick bowl of soup / oatmeal. It's why I haven't been able to utilitize ebay for my part search :)

(no i don't get paid all that much, I work off the clock to make sure things keep working :\ )

• Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I spend most of my time at work. I go home to sleep, shower and grab a quick bowl of soup / oatmeal. It's why I haven't been able to utilitize ebay for my part search :)

(no i don't get paid all that much, I work off the clock to make sure things keep working :\ )

Hope that changes for you soon, man. You can't do that for long without burning out. Keep doing what you can to exit that situation as soon as possible. There's nothing wrong with paying your dues, but you gotta have balance in life. From your description, you're not an employee, you're an indentured servant. :p

Good luck, man.
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Never Ever buy lab kits!
    they are 99 times out of 100 premium prices for older equipment

Gsn3 might not be as sexy as a your own home lab but it's a lot more convienient
    and you can put it on your laptop and take it to work
    Video tutorials - GNS3
    CBT Nuggets Player
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • vanquish23vanquish23 Member Posts: 224
    I have always bought from Cisco Certification: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, used Cisco router, Cisco switch, Cisco routers. and just recently bought from ebay using buy it now because I hate the bidding wars. I find the WIC's and cables on ebay to be cheaper.
    He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    I always try to make an offer rather than buy it now, can save some dollars so can get more/ better equipment.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014