Options

Resume Suggestions

crypticgeekcrypticgeek Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
Critique away!

I designed the format based on a few popular Latex resumes that were floating around the net, but it was made entirely in Apple Pages. I debated on the horizontal rules. To me they break up the sections more neatly and improve readability, but I've been told to lose them by at least one person. Thoughts?

It think most of all I struggle with making the non IT job relevant. The bit about increasing sales is rather lame without a concrete dollar amount. It's irrelevant for IT work anyway and so should be dropped. In my cover letters I always talk about the customer service skills I gained as well as how rewarding and effective the class instructor role was for me and my customers. Not sure exactly how I should express that as an accomplishment on the resume though, so right now it's a weak job responsibility line that I don't like.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys!

Comments

• Options
    vmlsudhakarvmlsudhakar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    please any body share resumes,i am also new for this
  • Options
    vmlsudhakarvmlsudhakar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi u r not mentioned u r project deatiles?
  • Options
    Anyone with some advice? (shameless bump)
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Meh. Not awful, but nothing special either.

Headlines could be a smaller font, and shorter.

Summary
    Certifications
    Experience

Certifications section (which you currently have titled "Selected Accomplishments")... you could fit all that on 1 line, make a table, put your 3 certs into 3 cells, hide the border.

Kind of feels like you made everything bigger than it needs to be just to take up a whole page. When really you could make things a little smaller and squeeze in some more information to make it a little better, while still keeping it at 1 page..
  • Options
    Everyone wrote: »
    Headlines could be a smaller font, and shorter.

Easy enough.
    Certifications section (which you currently have titled "Selected Accomplishments")... you could fit all that on 1 line, make a table, put your 3 certs into 3 cells, hide the border.

Thats an easy change as well, but unsure about readability if all on one line.

Kind of feels like you made everything bigger than it needs to be just to take up a whole page. When really you could make things a little smaller and squeeze in some more information to make it a little better, while still keeping it at 1 page..

What would you suggest adding?
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    What would you suggest adding?
    More about what you've done (what your responsibilities were), and more about what you accomplished at each position.
  • Options
    More about what you've done (what your responsibilities were), and more about what you accomplished at each position.

Alright, thank you for the advice!