Options

Custom updates to CCIE Self study labs

syrushcwsyrushcw Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm referring to the Cisco Press book CCIE Routing and Switching Practice Lab book that is on the the CCIE Book list.
Do any of you add custom touches to the lab to make them more applicable to v4 since some of the topics were removed? Like for the Chapter 1-3 lab topology instead of ISDN I do Frame Relay ODR and for the ATM circuit I setup an mpls circuit since I'll be using it more later in lab topologies. I'm kind of curious what sort of custom things people come up with. Be it harder or just changing out depreciated topics.

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    syrushcw wrote: »
    I'm referring to the Cisco Press book CCIE Routing and Switching Practice Lab book that is on the the CCIE Book list.
    Do any of you add custom touches to the lab to make them more applicable to v4 since some of the topics were removed? Like for the Chapter 1-3 lab topology instead of ISDN I do Frame Relay ODR and for the ATM circuit I setup an mpls circuit since I'll be using it more later in lab topologies. I'm kind of curious what sort of custom things people come up with. Be it harder or just changing out depreciated topics.

Are you talking about the Duggan book? I have that one. Im convinced when I did the labs in 2008 I was probably the only person in the world doing them at that time. The same could be said for the Solie books.

Good books though and worth working through. Your approach is sound, simply replace defunct sections with more appropriate technologies, that's what I did and its a challenge in itself putting your own lab together.
  • Options
    syrushcwsyrushcw Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    Are you talking about the Duggan book? I have that one. Im convinced when I did the labs in 2008 I was probably the only person in the world doing them at that time. The same could be said for the Solie books.

Good books though and worth working through. Your approach is sound, simply replace defunct sections with more appropriate technologies, that's what I did and its a challenge in itself putting your own lab together.

Yea its the Duggan and Gorito book.