Options

Passed CIW Web Associates

joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just as everyone said previously, not a hard test at all. I scored higher on the actual test then the practice exams. I've already taken the A+ and Network+ so that covered a lot of it. If you don't have similar experience, then definitely read all of the material, it's good introductory material for someone with very little IT experience.

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! I agree that it's a nice exam to get your feet wet
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed my exam this past weekend myself.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass -- aside from the knowledge gained from the A+ and N+, what did you use to study or prep for this?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    I used the material provided by WGU, from the way everything looked, I think CIW actually writes and provides all of the material. I'm pretty sure you can get it straight from CIW. It's broken into three sections, one is a general overview of everything that inter-relates with the internet and how to use it, email, browsers, databases, etc. The network section is bascially Net+ stuff, and the site development portion is basic HTML, the history of it, differences in image formats, things like that. Foundational knowledge that more advanced classes take for granted. It was easy but I think it really filled in some knowledge holes for me, which is a plus.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats. What's next?
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    . Foundational knowledge that more advanced classes take for granted. It was easy but I think it really filled in some knowledge holes for me, which is a plus.

Exactly! I don't mind going back to basics for that very reason.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    Congrats. What's next?

I don't know, I'm a little torn right now. I'm knocking out my Critical Thinking class on Thursday night and I started working on my Finite math classes last night, I plan to have those done by the end of January so I can start accelerating. We're doing a 70 machine windows 7 deployment at work next month and I'm leading the way, I'm excited and a little scared I don't make myself look bad. My WGU mentor wants me to start on the remaining web classes, I'm thinking about starting the Microsoft O/S Fundamentals MTA course so I can then do 70-680. Something tells me it will be too late to help me though icon_twisted.gif. If I start the web classes, I can work on designing my web-site, the tumbler blog I started I haven't even been back too, I don't care for the format, and a running blog would be a good running resume for me as I continue to learn.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I got certified as well the end of 2011
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda