Options

Going to be posting my resume soon for review

instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
I found out this morning that our contract ends on March 24. (This talk has been in the air for a while, but finally received the official word from the project manager this morning.) This gives us basically two-and-a-half months of heads up. While it's entirely possible we just roll over to the new contract, it's also entirely possible that we wind up with nothing. While I'm sure that I have a high chance of getting picked up, it would be foolish to just sit back and let things "play their course." Also, even if I'm working at the same place, each time you go to a different contract company, it's "another job on the resume" which can make you look like a job hopper, even if you're sitting at the same desk the entire time.

I woke up a little while ago, and I see the Modis recruiter has left me a voicemail. Maybe I'll shoot him a quick e-mail and call him back in the morning. He tried to give me something a few months ago, and though I cleared the on-site interview, and the client wanted to bring me in, I didn't want to go in. The opportunity last time was fantastic, so I am giving this recruiter the benefit of the doubt.
Currently Working: CCIE R&S
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)

Comments

• Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Best of luck to you. I don't think you'll have any major issues finding work, especially in the InfoSec field. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers!
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Just had a good convo with the recruiter. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Going to take a short nap now before heading into the office.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck. I find myself in the same boat again this year, not as a contractor, but as a full-time employee. Every year it seems there are layoffs in my company in my organization. I survive every year, but I have a bad feeling about this year in particular. One tires of being scared for their job every year about this time... It is past time to get my resume out here as well...
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!