Options

How do you approach your exam days?

laclac Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Do you study the day of or night before your exam? Take a day or two off, etc?

I'm wrapping things up for my switch exam. Test is on Tuesday. I would say at this point I'm ready to take it. Finding it really hard to review things, just a bunch of words to me now and I've never done so good on practice exams as I don't concentrate like like when taking the real thing. Back when I was taking Cisco tests in 04/05 I remember this was one way I was able to gauge test readiness, so hopefully that's still the case! :)

EDIT: I just rescheduled my test for Monday, I didn't know it would let me do it so soon before the exam. No need to waste anymore time waiting...Do or die!!!

Comments

• Options
    wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
    I take the night before and the day of my exam off from doing anything related to that exam. If you do not know the subject matter well enough by that time then you need to reschedule before that 24 hour limit hits.
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I usually keep going until right before I go to the exam. Not that I study and try to cram before the exam, but I find that if you use a practice question engine like Boson right before the exam, you don't have to force your brain into exam mode because it's already there and you've "warmed up" so to speak. Half the battle is dissecting what the question is asking you and it takes a little bit for your brain to get into a rhythm doing that. I find that going into an exam after doing a round of practice questions is more like picking up where I left off rather than starting from scratch as far as your mental prep.

Having said this, you need to know the material cold to use this approach. It's not studying as much as it is exam day prep.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...