Options

Time period for CCNA 640-801 exam

desikandesikan Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can someone please confirm to me the length of the CCNA exam--640-801 whether 90 minutes or 120 minutes?

I was thinking it is only 90 minutes but a friend told me recently that he got 120 minutes but finished the exam 20 minutes before the end.

Also I heard that we can spend only 2 minutes on a particular question
( for sim 10 minutes) because a timer starts with each question and after 2 minutes, even if the answer is correct, it is not considered for your credit. It seems to be really bizarre since some "show statements" may take 2 minutes to just read and understand !

Can someone who has written the exam please comment on these aspects.

Comments

• Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    The duration is 90 minutes (55-65 questions). Time management is important when taking the CCNA exam. The tutoral before the exam does recommend not taking more than 10 minutes on a SIM. However, you will not be penalized for taking longer than 10 minutes. And, you can take as long as you like to answer a non-SIM question. There is no 2 minute time limit for each question. But keep in mind, the clock is always ticking. The longer you take on a question...the less time you'll have to work on a SIM. The opposite is true as well, the longer you take on a SIM...the less time you'll have to answer non-SIM questions.
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    120min for non-english speakers and 90min for the English icon_rolleyes.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi,i just booked my exam for Thursday morning here in Italy, on the webpage it was written duration 3Hrs?? Whats that all about? Do you think theres a mistake?Or is this due to the language even though im a fluent english speaker?
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Tell me your kidding. THREE HOURS. icon_eek.gif

If it's true then it means you can answer the questions in one and half hours and still be left with almost 45 minuters for each sim. This smells like a sure pass. icon_scratch.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.