Options

Unsolicited job offer

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
I would like to gather the community's opinion on an issue I'm experiencing. Back in October some recruiting company out of Indianapolis emailed my WORK address looking for VMware sales engineers. My work address is not shared with anyone outside the company but major vendors (CDW, Softchoice, etc.) Convinced that the vendors had nothing to do with it I politely replied asking where the heck they got my address from. First two emails went ignored. When I changed the tone to a more aggressive one I got:
Sorry, I must have missed the first email. We have a software that can congregate LinkedIn profiles and then guesses at email addresses based on current company location.

I was so upset that I decided not to respond. My current job is very laid back and flexible and doesn't care about stuff like this. However, I've worked at places where email and web access are highly monitored and people get dismissed on the spot for stuff like this. I have been personally responsible for terminating access to users due to unsolicited job requests (although they would never admit to this.)

Now, last night I get another email from the same people looking for Lync engineers. Spam me once, shame on you. Spam me twice, shame on me. Does anyone else see a problem with this?

Comments