Options

IronPort C160 question.

albangaalbanga Member Posts: 164
Hi All,

If anyone here uses ironport I am having a problem with an outgoing content filter.
I do not have much experience with Ironport so I may be missing something basic but what i am trying to do is set-up an outgoing content filter that uses a recipient as a condition and the action is to skip all other content filters.

Basically the issue is as follows:
All outgoing emails in our network have a disclaimer added to them. This is working fine.

However we are currently testing a new online SMS service that sends text messages from outlook. All you have to do is send an email to #number#@smsc.sms.com.au

The issues is that when we send a text message ironport is adding our companies giant disclaimer to the text message which we do not want.
So within ironport what i am trying to do is create an outgoing content filter that skips all other content filters with the condition that it contains part of the email address we are sending to.

So how i have set it up is as follows:
Condition = Envelope Recipient that contains "sms.smsc.com.au"
Action = Skip Remaining content filters

Once i have created this filter i move it to the top of the list and commit the changes.

When however I send an email to #number#@onlinesms.smsc.com.au the disclaimer keeps coming through?

I have tried matching the full recipient as well, i have also tried an email to a normal email address and i cannot get it to work.

So if anyone has experience with ironport and has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You