Passed TICSA w/72%

hey

I passed the TICSA today with a 72%. This test was like the Security+ but a bit harder...both more in depth and WAY more cryptic in their questions/MANY possible right answers (sometimes 3 of 4 choices were good practice but they wanted what THEIR best practice was)

anyway..this test was pretty good! definately glad to add this to my resume.
Josh
A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Please share with us how you prepared for the exam etc. so others here can benifit from your experience witht his exam.

What's next?
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats... :D
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    hmm...experience with the exam...

the exam was pretty good, it basically built off of the security+ but had more real world knowledge (you know, more OS specific and less PKI and cryptography). It was 70 questions, all multiple choice, and alot of the questions were easy in that you could eliminate an answer or two. on the other hand some were quite hard as all 4 possible answers were correct.

I prepared for the exam using
    1 - the blue TICSA book from QUE
    2 - the fresh in my mind Security+ knowledge
    3 - the security+ cbt nuggets on dvd - both in the car and while i slept
    4 - the 70 question practice test from preplogic that came with the TICSA book
    5 - the practice test on the TICSA website

i must say that this test is NOTHING like the practice tests, its alot more practical and quite a bit harder. you would definately be better off going for the security+ practice tests here and MCMCSE to get a better idea of what will be on the test...

next...CEH, SSCP, CCNA, or MCP...what do you guys think? how hard is the SSCP? i hear the CEH has lots of tool knowledge required?
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks for the feedback. We'll be adding some pages, and probably a forum for this exam in the future, so it's nice to know I'll be able to port some material of the Sec+ exam to this one. Good to hear the Sec+ here and at mcmcse.com (I actually wrote some of those too :D) are beinficial for preparing for this cert.
    next...CEH, SSCP, CCNA, or MCP...what do you guys think? how hard is the SSCP? i hear the CEH has lots of tool knowledge required?
    SSCP should be a bit tougher than the TICSA but it has a lot of overlap, also with the Security+ exam. CEH is a different story indeed, you can find more info about it in this forum and from our CEH certified members. Apart from the security certs, CCNA and MCP are both advisable as they will provide you with an essential solid foundation in networking with the most popular network devices and operating system.
    Also consider the ones that cover the knowledge and skills you'll likely put to work the soonest and the ones that interest you most.