Options

Passed CCNA 97%

lon21lon21 Member Posts: 201
Guys,Done, I passed my CCNA I scored 97%.Materials I used were official Cisco books, Todd Lammle and Cisco Net Academy. I've been studying for about 9 months each day after work, I also work with Cisco products but more ASAs. The issue which is worrying me is that I finished the exam 1 hour and had 30min to spare, I panicked at one point and left one question out as I could not work out the answer. At the end of the exam there is a statement which says that the score is measured by Cisco and if found that you have cheated then you will have to re-take the exam. My issues is the exam is designed in such a way where you cannot go back to your previous questions therefore you don't know what is going to be next. Your next question could be really tough and take you 15min to work out therefore you tend to fly through the question for the answer which you know. What are your thoughts on this?

Comments

• Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats ...... maybe!? lol

I'm not sure about your worries, is it that you answered a really big question too quickly so it'll appear is if you cheated? If you passed then you're probably good to go!! But then again I'm not qualified to say
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote: »
    Congrats ...... maybe!? lol

I'm not sure about your worries, is it that you answered a really big question too quickly so it'll appear is if you cheated? If you passed then you're probably good to go!! But then again I'm not qualified to say

Thanks,

I'll have to wait 72 Hours till I get the certificate through...
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you'll be okay. An hour to answer 40 - 50 questions sounds fair to me.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I don't get the whole "cheating algorithm" thing. Suppose you know the question and the answer from taking the test previously? What about if you really know the material and can read fast? They make you re-take the exam if they "think" you cheated? I'd be extremely upset if I were treated like a cheater when I was not. I'd be PISSED! I think it would open up some type of slander case, by having them call you a cheater when you were not...

Congrats on the pass! :) I take mine on Friday.
  • Options
    PC509 wrote: »
    I don't get the whole "cheating algorithm" thing. Suppose you know the question and the answer from taking the test previously? What about if you really know the material and can read fast? They make you re-take the exam if they "think" you cheated? I'd be extremely upset if I were treated like a cheater when I was not. I'd be PISSED! I think it would open up some type of slander case, by having them call you a cheater when you were not...

Congrats on the pass! :) I take mine on Friday.

I know exactly what you mean, I spent 9 months working trying to learn the materials solidly.

The test is conducted in a way where you can't go back and to me that make me rush as I want to have as much time as possible for the next question just incase I need more time to do the working out.

Wish you all the best, let us know how you got on.
  • Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I think you should be fine. I've taken a couple of the Boson practice exams and I normally finish the 59 question tests in around an hour. Since most of the questions on these practice tests seem to be quick answer then an hour is not out of the question for this exam - IMO. There might be more of a question if you finished in an hour and got 1000. But Cisco has to know that some people simply think quicker and take tests faster than others.

Good luck with this. I sit for the CCNA Monday so we'll see how the real exam is...
  • Options
    Have just received the email saying that I'm a cisco certified CCNA.

Whoop Whoop... lol

I been sitting for the past day thinking dam... I have nothing to do and I miss learning Cisco...

Next goals are VCP and CCNP...
  • Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Ion21!
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    lon21 wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean, I spent 9 months working trying to learn the materials solidly.

The test is conducted in a way where you can't go back and to me that make me rush as I want to have as much time as possible for the next question just incase I need more time to do the working out.

Wish you all the best, let us know how you got on.

Well done.
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    Well done.

I tell you what, know that I've done my CCNA, I feel empty because normally I study everyday couple of hours and if I don't my gf says I get in a mood as I've not read Cisco...

I'm starting to miss it tho....lol

Cisco is addictive.
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Get started on the next cert then! (especially if you have a supportive gf)
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    alxx wrote: »
    Get started on the next cert then! (especially if you have a supportive gf)

Yep,

Just in two minds I really want to to push my Cisco all the way, but where I work we mostly deal with MS, VMWare and ASA.

I'm thinking of doing my VCP and then maybe CCNP... ummm in two minds.