Options

Done with 218, MCSA now

spacemancwspacemancw Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok folks .. I'm done ... I'm now MCSA.

I've had it up to here. I started to have nightmares that would start of with "You are the Administrator of a network" .... then it would go ... you need to install the DHCP service on a Windows 2000 server named ServerA .... You go to Add and Remove programs and suddenly DHCP turns into DNS. ServerA turns into ClientD and u turn into nuthing more than and and ordinary user with crappy privledges. Now you can't ping anything, you can't get access to your PC and you've been locked out of the building. You call your network administrator and you discover he is your arch enemy from high school. You grab hold of the mouse but no matter how hard you try, you just can't click. The network admin takes a baseball bat and smashes your PC. You suddenly jump and wake up. Was it all real?

thanx guys
Yahoo Instant Messanger : spacemancw

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    heh heh heh - just about sums it up icon_rolleyes.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
  • Options
    spacemancwspacemancw Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ghaouf

I used MS press books, setup a home lab, Specialized Solutions instructional CDs. I spent about 6 months at the whole lot. And any links I found I got them all from this site.
    Yahoo Instant Messanger : spacemancw
  • Options
    kklentzkklentz Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

Hope to join you as a MCSA in a couple weeks. Understand what you are going through, as I'm doing the same. Seems every odd moment of the day, some network situation pops into my head.
  • Options
    hrathgarhrathgar Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is everyone taking for their elective for this? I just got my MS Press kit for this exam (thanks Amazon new & used - 87 cents) and will probably take this exam in a month or so, but I'm not sure what to take for my elective...I'm trying to decide between Exchange & Security (70-214, not IIS). If I take the security exam, then I would just need to take 70-227 and I'd be specialized in security but I'm not sure how usefull that would be without actual security experience to back it up. I do on the other hand have mail administration experience...decisions decisions.
  • Options
    kklentzkklentz Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CompTIA's A+ and Network+ are my elective for the MCSA.