Options

helpdesk desktop support resume help

duce779duce779 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
i really need help with my resume i never get any responses from it and i really need a job any help will be much appreciated

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ArBaqYGNKllZR_-7ZEAv5oMTcO-QipOGogYcHQXfY3o/edit?hl=en_US#

Comments

• Options
    ImTheKingImTheKing Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    At first glance, I noticed quite a few errors in convention, lack of or wrong capitalization (ie blackberrys instead of BlackBerry), and inconsistent verb tense in job descriptions.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll post a revised version in a couple of hours.
  • Options
    duce779duce779 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ok thanks make sure you check the bottom for jobs that were left out
  • Options
    ImTheKingImTheKing Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have attached the resume with my changes and suggestions.

Mr me.doc

Summary of changes:

- Summary statement should be a short, concise statement that gives an overview of skills and experience.

- Helpdesk role responsibilities needed to be consolidated. Many of the items were repeated several times (ie providing support over phone is the same thing as answering customer client specific questions) and didn't seem to have any particular order of importance.

Consolidating this portion allows the resume to be less than 1 page, which is ideal in your case.

- In your last role, you listed 'Networking' as a responsibility -- what exactly did you do?

- My personal preference is that the resume should be in Arial or similar as it's easier on the eyes than Times New Roman.