CBT Nuggets

joedainjoedain Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone ever used the CBT Nuggets as a study tool. I have all these for free and so far they seem to be helpful.
(ISC)2 Security CISSP Video Training Online | CBT Nuggets

Any input?

Also, I did buy the Sybex book since it was the most up to date book that was written. It had pretty good reviews, and seem on par with Shon's book.

Any input?

Last question....The 5 years experience in 2 domains, is that 5 years in each domain so a total of 10 years experience, or is 2.5 in 2 domains for a total of 5 years?

Comments

• bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    I can't vouch for the CBT Nuggets material, but my endorser said he used it to prepare for his first CISSP attempt,,, Notice I said first attempt.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    joedain wrote: »
    Last question....The 5 years experience in 2 domains, is that 5 years in each domain so a total of 10 years experience, or is 2.5 in 2 domains for a total of 5 years?
    At least five years of professional work experience across at least two CISSP CBK domains. You get to waive one year for having a college degree or any one of a number of certifications, including the Security+.
  • joedainjoedain Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok Thanks. I think I will be ok. I was in the ARMY for 4 years as a Military Intelligence Electronic Warfare Technician so I am sure that will count for something and I do have a few Comp TIA certs.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The important thing is that your work experience be verifiable. (ISC)2 certification endorsement is a lot like a job interview, where the prospective employer needs to verify the information on your resume. Same thing goes for your certification endorser.

And yes, it sounds like in your job you have at least the Networking/Telecom, operations security, and access controls domains covered.
  • AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    joedain wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used the CBT Nuggets as a study tool. I have all these for free and so far they seem to be helpful.
    (ISC)2 Security CISSP Video Training Online | CBT Nuggets

Any input?

Also, I did buy the Sybex book since it was the most up to date book that was written. It had pretty good reviews, and seem on par with Shon's book.

Any input?

I've used Shon Harris CISSP Training video from Career Academy, her AIO book,
    The CISSP and CAP Prep Guide from Wiley Publishing, and...the CISSP for Dummies book.

I've passed at the first attempt. There are some short questions in the exam that are in
    the Dummies book test prep software.
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.