Options

INE's offerings

mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
Question about the workbooks... for those that use them:

INE is offering a special 10-yr anniversary deal for Brian McGahan, which looks really very good.
1000 tokens
The ATC VoD course
The lab prep VoD course
Workbooks 1 and 2

All for $899. Really, too good to pass up.

I wonder, though, why workbooks 3 and 4 are not included. I get that workbook 1 is more than 600 individual scenerios, and workbook 2 begins to combine them into elaborate labs that rival the actual Cisco lab exam.

3 adds more labs, and 4 provides troubleshooting scenerios. If you've used 3 and 4... how did you find them? Was 3 really important (INE says that a few of the labs in 2 are tougher than the actual, which makes me wonder if 3 is money well spent)? 4 seems a good choice... the troubleshooting component, from what I've read, trips up quite a few testers.

I guess I'm looking for any feedback on if 1 and 2 are sufficient, or if anyone believes the extra $300 is money well spent to add 3 and 4 to the mix.

Thanks,
Mike
There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Is that just for CCIE:R/S or are there other traks?

I can't seem to find that bundle on their site...
  • Options
    On the home page... in the center revolving banner... tab 4.

Or just watch the center revolving ad until it reaches tab 4, and you'll see it.

Edit... ah, and it's for the R&S and Security tracks.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ah I see. Thanks. Hmm I wonder how long the offer will last....
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Workbook 3 is meant to assist with your speed and accuracy on the exam, and workbook 4 is meant to work on your troubleshooting skills. They have another package under the "Ultimate Deal" where it includes more videos, more tokens, all the workbooks etc. They had it on sale last year for $1499 and I would imagine if you called and talked to sales, they may add some goodies to the $899 package.

It may be too good to pass up, but they also know they aren't the only training provider out there.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    volume 1 annoyed me a bit as its constantly reloading configs as you move through it, which is fine on INEs own racks but on your on kit can be a pain. however it is a good introduction to all the relevant technologies.

Volume 4 has some really tricky scenario's. More tricky then the real lab based on my personal experience as theres some things i don't think they would test (but it is on the blueprint) in as much detail as INE go into.
  • Options
    Well, went ahead and got it all... the 10-yr bundle along with workbooks 3 and 4, heavily discounted. Might as well do it right. And sounds like 3 and 4 are the icing on the cake... I like icing!

So, off an running. Can't wait to get all the videos on my Galaxy Tab so I can watch them while on the train! Sweet!

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    this is excellent. i wanted to supplement my ipexpert materials with ine's and this deal is definitely enticing.

EDIT: pulled the gun that's a good deal.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    mikearama wrote: »
    I wonder, though, why workbooks 3 and 4 are not included. I get that workbook 1 is more than 600 individual scenerios, and workbook 2 begins to combine them into elaborate labs that rival the actual Cisco lab exam.

i wonder as well since they include the full set of security workbooks (granted they only have two for the security track but it seems lame not to throw them all in there)
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Some call INE volume 1 "The bible of CCIE studies" and Volume 2 "The field guide to the CCIE" . Long ago in an internets far far away, INE only HAD workbooks 1 and 2 (correct me if I'm wrong). Due to Cisco changing the test around a lot, they added the other workbooks to help students.

It's been said already, but Vol 1 & 2 are pretty much have everything and beyond of what you would expect to see on the exam. The other 2 workbooks are helpful but not necessary. I'm considering picking up Vol 3 if I have time and the cash mostly because a few close friends of mine used it for their CCIE and said it did help.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    down77 wrote: »
    Workbook 3 is meant to assist with your speed and accuracy on the exam, and workbook 4 is meant to work on your troubleshooting skills. They have another package under the "Ultimate Deal" where it includes more videos, more tokens, all the workbooks etc. They had it on sale last year for $1499 and I would imagine if you called and talked to sales, they may add some goodies to the $899 package.

It may be too good to pass up, but they also know they aren't the only training provider out there.

Absolutely. I rather like Vol 3. Good bite size labs doable inside 3 hours that give you core practice. A little light on some core topics but great for form and drilling.
  • Options
    thadizzythadizzy Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    down77 wrote: »

After the good explaination of the different workbooks. I found workbook 3 useless and absolutely not needed. Workbook 4 is great, I liked it alot and I do recommend it unless you got vast experience from troubleshooting from your work. Workbook 5 I've never used so I cannot comment that one.
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm looking to get the INE series also, just waiting for an email I sent to their sales team... trying to get an electronic copy of the Ultimate bundle on DVD/HDD and to get it shipped as the internet in Papua New Guinea is really slow and expensive icon_sad.gif

Happy studying :)

Kind Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • Options
    Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, went ahead and got it all... the 10-yr bundle along with workbooks 3 and 4, heavily discounted. Might as well do it right. And sounds like 3 and 4 are the icing on the cake... I like icing!

So, off an running. Can't wait to get all the videos on my Galaxy Tab so I can watch them while on the train! Sweet!

Yo Mike, please share with us what kind of a deal they gave you man? or at least did u pay less than $899 for all of that or no?
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    as far as the security offerings go that is included in this deal i am very very pleased with the quality so far.
  • Options
    Sa'ad wrote: »
    Yo Mike, please share with us what kind of a deal they gave you man? or at least did u pay less than $899 for all of that or no?

I dealt with Katie over at INE... she's top notch. I didn't pay less than the asking price, cause I asked for extras.

I scored the 10-yr bundle at $899, but added in workbooks 3 and 4, plus an extra 500 tokens... came to just a hair over $1100. Too good to pass up.

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I dealt with Katie over at INE... she's top notch. I didn't pay less than the asking price, cause I asked for extras.

I scored the 10-yr bundle at $899, but added in workbooks 3 and 4, plus an extra 500 tokens... came to just a hair over $1100. Too good to pass up.

Nice, good luck man!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    lenell86lenell86 Member Posts: 75 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hmm would going for CCIE be worth it if I'm focusing on network security? Or would CCNA level be sufficient and getting actual security certs be better?
    Certifications complete: A+, Net+, Security+, MCTS 70-401, MCSA
    Currently working towards: MCSE (70-293)
  • Options

You know how to negotiate man. That is a great deal right there.

Thanks for the details!
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    thadizzythadizzy Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Study materials is extremely easy to get a discount on. Don't ever buy it off the shelf so to say, always demand a deal.
    For example I bought the IPexpert CCIE Wireless Blended Learning Solution (BLS) Self-Study Bundle. Its listed price is $3999 and I managed to buy it for $2000.

This was the first thing I ever buy from them.
    So don't pay overprice, buy racktime for your hard earned money instead icon_smile.gif

• Options
    thadizzy wrote: »
    Study materials is extremely easy to get a discount on. Don't ever buy it off the shelf so to say, always demand a deal.
    For example I bought the IPexpert CCIE Wireless Blended Learning Solution (BLS) Self-Study Bundle. Its listed price is $3999 and I managed to buy it for $2000.

This was the first thing I ever buy from them.
    So don't pay overprice, buy racktime for your hard earned money instead icon_smile.gif

I totally agree thadizzy, if you negotiate you'll always get a better deal from them.
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    jtecsjtecs Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For those that purchased this bundle, How good is this package? I mean value wise.