Options

Can the SRX failover with rate ?

solarwindsolarwind Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

My customer has a requirement about SRX failover,that's failover with rate.

That mean if the SRX cluster CAN NOT process the traffic of 10G(maybe lower) in the reth interface or security zone then failover to other devices.

Can SRX do this and how to do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    The only limitation is the size of interface you are using to connect the chassis cluster. If you have a 10 Gb interface connecting the chassis, then you will be able to failover that amount of traffic. Granted you have to figure in any other traffic that is crossing the link as well.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    solarwindsolarwind Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Aldur,

Thanks for your reply,I know your point,but the other way,If I bound two devices 10G interface to an reth0,the reth0 has 2 unit,unit 0 and unit 1,the reth0.0 is in security zone A and reth0.1 is in security zone B,the requirement is the primary device CAN NOT process 11G traffic in zone A or zone B,then failover.

so how to deploy?

Thank you.

PS Do you use any IM software? Aldur,I wanna communication with you about this kind of issues.
  • Options
    skydreamerskydreamer Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I looked for the same solution. But I think It is not possible the way it is required.