TFTP Server Root Folder

controlcontrol Member Posts: 309
Hi All,

I'm practising backing up / copying images to and from a TFTP server (Using Solar Winds).

Is it possible to have a folder structure within the TFTP Root folder, so I have a folder for each of my switches/routers containing their specific config/IOS?

E.G when backing up an IOS...

copy flash:XXXXXXXXX tftp

This copies to the root folder. Is there a way for me to run the command to backup the IOS Image to a folder within the root folder if that makes sense.
Also when copying from the TFTP Server to router - must the image always be in the root folder? Or can I copy direct from a subfolder to the hardware.

Hope that makes sense!

Comments

• fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    That's not possible. TFTP can't handle folders.
  • controlcontrol Member Posts: 309
    Hey, Thanks for getting back to me.

One of my switches has an HTML Folder in the Flash Dir (Not exactly sure what it is). Looking at it I'm guessing this is what allows me to get to the switch via the web interface for CMS? Without this, I couldn't connect via http?

Is backing up this whole HTML DIR possible via TFTP? Do I even need this HTML DIR?

New to all this!
  • v0idv0id Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its true that you usually can't have folders using TFTP, but there is an iPad/iPhone tftp server that allows you to use Dropbox and then create different directories in your Dropbox account. You can associate each directory with a different router, or different date, for example. You can read about it here: Mobile TFTP Server for iPad and iPhone or in the App store: App Store - TFTP Server There is also a free version.