Options

Windows 7 Project - PM Shift

Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello TE!

Most likely, I will start on a 3 - 6 months imaging and installing Windows 7 PCs and laptops and the hours are M-Th. 3 pm - 12 am. Few questions: what do I need to do to get noticed for my work and become a full-time employee in the department? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Alhaji265 wrote: »
    Hello TE!

Most likely, I will start on a 3 - 6 months imaging and installing Windows 7 PCs and laptops and the hours are M-Th. 3 pm - 12 am. Few questions: what do I need to do to get noticed for my work and become a full-time employee in the department? Thanks.

You have the certifications already :)

I would create a mini communication plan and identify the key stakeholders including your PM. Make sure you consistently communicate with the PM and get on his or her good side. Show up to work everyday and always dress professional. Don't ask what they can do for you but what you can do for them. Stay focused and review your Windows 7 material.

Always remember deliver, deliver, deliver!

Good luck!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Two things, in general, are important when starting a new project: being able to follow directions and complete the work as instructed, as well as being able to identify things you can improve upon that may not have been covered in the original plan. . . of course, being able to bring new ideas to table delicately is absolutely crucial. Don't be afraid to go above and beyond when learning how to do your job, but it's probably always a good idea to try out new ideas in a lab-environment first before trying to impress your boss(es) by doing it in production.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Two things, in general, are important when starting a new project: being able to follow directions and complete the work as instructed, as well as being able to identify things you can improve upon that may not have been covered in the original plan. . . of course, being able to bring new ideas to table delicately is absolutely crucial. Don't be afraid to go above and beyond when learning how to do your job, but it's probably always a good idea to try out new ideas in a lab-environment first before trying to impress your boss(es) by doing it in production.

I'm new to the team, why would my team accept idea(s) if they brought me aboard?
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »

I would create a mini communication plan and identify the key stakeholders including your PM. Make sure you consistently communicate with the PM and get on his or her good side. Show up to work everyday and always dress professional. Don't ask what they can do for you but what you can do for them. Stay focused and review your Windows 7 material.

Always remember deliver, deliver, deliver!

Good luck!

How are the certifications helpful anyway? I did well on the interview. Does certs. have much value?
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    How are the certifications helpful anyway? I did well on the interview. Does certs. have much value?

How are certifications helpful? Well, assuming you didn't **** them, you should learn while you go through the studies.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm new to the team, why would my team accept idea(s) if they brought me aboard?
    If you show them that you know how to do the work they want you to, and you can show them proven case-studies or proof-of-concepts that show your ideas work, why wouldn't they listen to you?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »

I would create a mini communication plan...

Meaning?