Options

How to get into network design

dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
I have been thinking for a while at where I would like to be in 10 years and this position appeals to me.
Partly because for the most part I have enjoyed learning the stuff for the ICND1 icon_thumright.gif
How would one break into it and does it look like a position that is hear to stay?
Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]

Comments

• Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I would call these guys Network architects really...all of the guys with this title on our account have years and years of regular engineer experience and just got promoted into those roles. I am sure there are some senior level guys on this forum who have these types of posistions that could answer this better then me thought...I am just a lowly engineer icon_rolleyes.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    I would call these guys Network architects really...all of the guys with this title on our account have years and years of regular engineer experience and just got promoted into those roles. I am sure there are some senior level guys on this forum who have these types of posistions that could answer this better then me thought...I am just a lowly engineer icon_rolleyes.gif

thanks for your post. Lowly Engineer?icon_lol.gif
    Not exactly something to be sniffed aticon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]