Options

cisco engineer job

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to this board. Well I have a question hopefully you guys can give me some insight. I basically just accepted a position as a CISCO engineer with a cisco reseller but without the high paying salary. My question is do you guys think after working under this position for a year or two that i will be qualified enough to go for junior level or cisco/network engineer position. The specifics of the position are I will be restoring all types of enterprise level cisco/juniper routers,switches, and firewalls to default settings, testing ports, creating custom configs for clients, and setting up multiple networks for testing. I am already a CCNA. Well I will be going for my ccnp while working for this company. Well my current experience is I have been working parttime as a field tech for a few months got 2 gigs basically moving configs from an old cisco router to a new router. I have my own rack that i practice all the time. Well let me know what you think.

Comments

• Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Sounds like you already have some experience to put on the resume...if you think you can hold out for more money then maybe try that. If the job market is tough in your area however you may want to take this job and run with it for awhile until something more appealing comes up. It sounds like a good job, minus the low salary
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures