Options

Question about a Job

justinmoosejustinmoose Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I am a networking major. I'm about 3 classes out from my degree (completed cisco program though) and don't have time for them at the moment. I am also planning on taking my CCNA in around 2 weeks if all holds up. I feel I have a good grasp of the information and spend a semester interning at a hospital doing things like tracing fiber, initial config on switches, problem solving VLAN, NAT, etc. in packet tracer as well. I'm now with an IT firm that finds jobs for me. Today, I got an e-mail about a job that required the following:

[FONT=&quot] "We will have the person working some proactive reports that we do, such as tape drive failures, an Email queue, UPS alerts, etc. Monitor NAS units –storage devices, bandwidth, error messages, etc. Mostly phone support.[/FONT]"

Now in these specific issues I really don't know much. I have never dealt with any of these issues mainly just actual CCNA stuff. The job only pays $12 per hour and is temp but I've been told will most likely go full time within several months.

My question is this. Based on this do you think I am expected to know all of these things or will having my CCNA (if I receive it soon) be enough to where they would want to train me on it? I'm not sure what to do about this. I don't want to go to the interview and look like an idiot but I don't want to turn down a good job opportunity either. If anyone feels they could virtually train me on some of these issues I would be willing to pay as well.

Thank you!
Justin