Tftpdnld Timing Out

hydrogenslushhydrogenslush Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

First post here, been viewing the boards for several months now.

I've run into a strange issue with one of my 1841 routers.

I try to do a tftpdnld from rommon and it times out at the same byte value (im using tftpd32)

I've downloaded a smaller image file and it copies fine (25 megs ), but when i try to copy the larger image (35 megs) it stalls at the 33553920 byte mark, according to tftpd32.

It's not the flash card because if i boot from the smaller image and do a format flash: then copy tftp:filename.bin flash: the file copies over successfully( the larger 35MB file) . I then do another format flash: and reload the router. I try the tftpdnld and it times out.

The only difference i notice is when copying from the tftpdnld utility it takes significantly longer than copying from the ios.

Is there a setting within the ROMMON that's telling the router my card is only a certain size?

These are the settings prior to doing the tftpdnld configrations

rommon 1 > set
PS1=rommon ! >
?=0
RANDOM_NUM=1500722028
BSI=0
WARM_REBOOT=FALSE
RET_2_RTS=08:01:28 UTC Wed Feb 1 2012
RET_2_RCALTS=1328083291

The only thing i'm hoping it's not is the ram, I only have the onboard 128. I've also tried doing the tftpdnld -r and the router times out at the same spot.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    sure the image is a good one and doesn't have a crc error ?

Why not just load the small image, get it running,
    then delete the image from flash(after its running) then copy tftp flash for the new image ?
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • hydrogenslushhydrogenslush Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the reply.

turns out it must've been the ROMMON

I upgraded to the current and it copied over perfectly!