CCT (Cisco Certified Technician)

lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The CCT seems to be just mainly knowledge of what you'll get if you'll build your own lab for CCENT/NA/... courses.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    Meh, not I - the CCT certs don't appear to hold much weight.
  • lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
    drkat wrote: »
    Meh, not I - the CCT certs don't appear to hold much weight.

Well, it is a brand new cert ... and it is very entry level ... it overlaps half of the CCENT so it seems like it would be a good steping stone toward the CCNA.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    lunchbox67 wrote: »
    Well, it is a brand new cert ... and it is very entry level ... it overlaps half of the CCENT so it seems like it would be a good steping stone toward the CCNA.

I think CCENT would be a better way to get into the CCNA and that some of the information on the CCT R/S syllabus should have been in the CCENT......

It just looks like a waste of money.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    The CCT doesnt count toward a CCNA

CCT is built for a field technician who is not concerned with network administration but with fixing the box on site and engaging with TAC

The ICND1 Material should cover the CCT and some - the CCENT definitely would be a smoother move.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    lunchbox67 wrote: »

First we had CCIE.

Then we had CCNA.

Then CCENT.

Now CCT.

Honestly how many levels do you want to climb? Go for CCNA and do it in two tests.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I like it because it now makes CCNA a third tier cert whereas it unjustly was looked at as entry level for a long time.

So we now have

1. CCT
    2. CCENT
    3. CCNA
    4. CCNP
    5. CCIE

Let the test centers rejoice at their newlyfound loot source

:)
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 252 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think Cisco is adding this cert for more money and maybe adding more value to CCNA.? I wouldn't be pushed in doing certifications that don't bring value like CCT in that case why did I get Comptia A+ & Net + certified while being on the Cisco track. Do you have another CCNA track for helpdesk or NOC since you have CCNA-S. Why put CCNA-S on my resume if most HR etc. ppl don't know what it means. I think Cisco is going down the wrong path and following Microsoft but, Cisco do need to add an Cloud Computing cert. (Just Sharing-don't mean to ramble on)
  • martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    funny thing is that the CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician) sounds like it is the lowest cert you can get ...
    And then, I started a blog ...
    Im sure sometime cloud computing will make its way into the certification in some way or another. It might be included in Design tree? I know Comptia has Cloud computing essentials. But "how" to get it, or how to get my hands on any reading material - that's a different story. But I haven't invested more than a couple minutes to look for information.