Options

70% avg on cccure quizzer only 28 days left to exam

kkokkokkokko Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
zzzzzzz

Comments

• Options
    cdupuiscdupuis Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good evening,

Below you have a few tips and tricks on how to best prepare for the exam.

FIRST

Visit my list of Tips and Trick on the CCCure website at the following link:

cissp CISSP training Certified Information Systems Security Professional - SecureNinja/CCCure TIPS and TRICKS to pass the exam

Read the tips carefully, take the time to watch my flash presentation, and also subscribe to our mailing lists.

This will help you quite a bit with your studies and get you off on the right foot to pass this exam.

SECOND

I always stress that students should do as many quizzes as they can before their exam.

Do our quizzes and do the quizzes you have within your study book as well.

The quiz will give you a few key advantages. It will allow you to find your weakest domains which is what you MUST work on.
    The quiz will also allow you to find your weakest subjects within each of the domains, you must work on those as well.
    Last but not least the quiz will allow you to remember key topics that you might encounter on the exam.

While doing the quizzes, there a few things you must do:

Do quizzes of at least 50 questions each to have better sampling
    Use Pro Level and Closely Related questions, those are the closest to the real exam. It is the default setting.
    Keep doing quizzes on the same domain until you score CONSISTENTLY around 80%
    Once you reach 80% you move to the next domain. You do this for all of the domain.
    While doing quizzes review and find out WHY you miss a question and WHY the best choice is the best choice
    You should go through the whole database of question at least once and a few times would be better
    Attempt to do a few quizzes of 250 questions on all 10 domains before the real exam. Just to see what it is like to do that much.
    After you have done many quizzes you can choose the following options:
    - Unattempted Questions only This option will create a quiz with questions you have never seen due to the quiz being randomly generated
    - Questions that was answered wrong previously This option allow you to drill down on questions you have missed in the past
    The quiz will remember your last setting, to go back to the default click on the button marked Reset Quiz Option/Settings

MOST IMPORTANT DOMAIN ON THE EXAM

Many people have heard that some domains are more important than others as far as the number of questions they will get on the real exam. This is true, There are some key domains that you must do well to ensure a passing mark on the real exam. For the past 12 years I have been doing CISSP training and anytime someone would miss the exam I have seen a fix pattern that emerged. All of the people that failed did badly on one or two of the five most important domains. See my list of domains below, the top domains (with asterix) are the most important domains and the at the bottom of the list you have the least important domains.

Telecommunication and Network Security *
    Access Control *
    Security Architecture*
    Information Security Governance and Risk Management*
    BCP and DRP*
    Software Development Security
    Cryptography
    Legal, Compliance, Investigation
    Operation Security
    Physical Security

HOW TO DO MY QUIZ STUDY PLAN

By now you should have picked a date for your exam. Based on your exam date you can craft your study plan and see how many days you will assign to each of the domains. Of course the top five domains would be given priority but the other domains are also important as well. When you get a score of 697 on your exam, it means that any question could have allowed you to pass.

Start doing quizzes like I said above one domain at the time. You start with the top five domains and then you get into the other five domains. As you get closer to your exam, for example a week or 8 days before your exam, you revisit the top five again. You want the most important domains to be fresh in your mind as you get to the exam.

I wish you all the best

Take care

Clement
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good advice above. However, in addition to a ton of quiz questions, you really want to make sure you understand the concepts. Certain stuff like orange book and crypto you just need to memorize. But the majority of stuff on the exam is easy if you really understand the concepts.

Good luck.
  • Options
    ZekeCISSPZekeCISSP Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cdupuis wrote: »

MOST IMPORTANT DOMAIN ON THE EXAM

Many people have heard that some domains are more important than others as far as the number of questions they will get on the real exam. This is true, There are some key domains that you must do well to ensure a passing mark on the real exam. For the past 12 years I have been doing CISSP training and anytime someone would miss the exam I have seen a fix pattern that emerged. All of the people that failed did badly on one or two of the five most important domains. See my list of domains below, the top domains (with asterix) are the most important domains and the at the bottom of the list you have the least important domains.

Telecommunication and Network Security *
    Access Control *
    Security Architecture*
    Information Security Governance and Risk Management*
    BCP and DRP*
    Software Development Security
    Cryptography
    Legal, Compliance, Investigation
    Operation Security
    Physical Security

Clement,

This is great info. However, I would add a word of caution to it. Seems that I recall a couple of people that have posted their results from a failed attempt and their worse domains were the bottom three on your list. Most of these people came pretty close to passing and had they put more effort into the "easy" domains it may have been enough to put them into the passing category. Realizing that if there are only three questions on Physical Security and someone misses all three that makes it 100% and this will likely be listed as the worse domain.

I am just trying to make the point that this is a test for a well-rounded security professional and people that take it should be well-rounded. Take the time to put the necessary effort into the total CBK.
  • Options
    i4647i4647 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My goal for when I took the exam (in December) was 85% on my practice tests.

I used practice questions from:
    - Harris All in One
    - CCcure
    - Trancenders

Of all of them, I thought the Harris questions were the best - both in terms of feeling closer to the actual test, and because they had the best explanations to help me figure out what I didn't understand when I got one wrong. The CCcure were also very good, but a little more hit and miss than Harris.

I can't tell you if 85% is overkill - but I can tell you I found the exam itself was far more difficult than any of the 3 above practice questions sources. Unless you can get your score up across multiple sources far higher than 70%, you are probably heading for trouble.
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cdupuis wrote: »
    Good evening,

Below you have a few tips and tricks on how to best prepare for the exam.

Clement

Clement's post should be read by every CISSP candidate. I consumed everything I could find from Clement's sites (and TE of course) - preparation suggestions, study guides, tips & tricks, paper suggestions, books, everything. I am certain I would not have passed without having spent so much time going through all of the documents available.

This is not a paid testimonial - just a quick thank you for making those resources available to everyone.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'll pipe in on Clement's post as well. Excellent advice and really should be read by every candidate in preparation for the CISSP exam. With that I would include the newest Wiley guide: The CISSP Prep Guide: Mastering CISSP and ISSEP. The new Sybex guide is also quite good. Ron Kurtz has been writing CISSP study materials for well over a decade and the new Sybex guide should also be considered once your scoring 85%+ as the questions are that difficult. Like make a hardened criminal cry, hard. With that said I saw similar, but not the same, questions from these books on the exam so its worth your time to at least check these materials out as well.
  • Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    I found the official study guide (2nd edition) to be better than AOI, but both go into more detail. CCCure is great to give you an idea of where to focus, but those questions go into more detail than the real one and not enough situational.

Remember, it's an international exam so you're not going to see questions specific to US law in it. If it's not an international standard, you're not going to see questions on it.

I took mine back in November, first time pass. OSG + AOI if I needed another perspective on a subject, CCcure, transcender and the official ISC2 practice questions (best to give you an idea of how their questions are worded) were my quizzes.

I'd upload the outline/key topics file I wrote (half me, half a friend) that has helped a few guys in my office pass... but apparently you can't upload docx files here.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    Feb4TorontoFeb4Toronto Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good advice above. However, in addition to a ton of quiz questions, you really want to make sure you understand the concepts. Certain stuff like orange book and crypto you just need to memorize. But the majority of stuff on the exam is easy if you really understand the concepts.

Good luck.

Actually, this one is the best advice here. Do not try to memorize, because you can't. It will take you months and months... Just Google and see how stuff works. There is nothing complex there. Take your time, practice. When I was looking for ARP attack, I built a lab at home and tested it. It takes 1 hour but once you see the packet flow you will never forget what it is and what it does.

If you struggle with encryption, look at the math behind it. Get Applied Cryptography book and see the algorithms. Create a simple asymmetric key pair on a piece of paper. I grantee - you will never mix it up with DES afterwards. Get tools, calculate a hash... Do not be afraid of the word Cryptography as most people do. It is a simple math. Really simple. As a matter of fact, the foundation of cryptography is simplicity - the more complex it gets, the harder it is to proof it is valid. So, do not be discouraged by this domain.

Look at how Windows work. Open run Regedit and see all the objects/UIDs it has (just do not mess up with it icon_smile.gif ).

Again, focus on understanding, not memorizing. You will need it anyway if you want to be a successful professional in the future anyway. I had a case where in a major bank a fresh CISSP certified sr. manager wrote and get approved (!) a corporate policy where all MD5 hashs would have to have mandatory 1024 key length. Not digital signatures, just MD5 hashes.

Once you get a grasp on concepts, you will get through the exam with no trouble.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If your a visual thinker you could check out some (not all of the domains are covered) of the mind maps at: MindCert.com Everything is pretty much broken down and helps to create a mental landscape of many of the domains. Very old technique but someone has done much of the work for you.

All to often I hear people say: "I saw four bad answers..." There are two close answers and two bad answers. Learning how to take a psychometric test is a little different and you need to adapt in order to pass a test like this. Psychometric tests are designed to essentially fooling yourself into making bad decisions based on your understanding of the material.

Answers and choices. There will be a difference between the obvious throw away answers and the possible answers. Here's a hint. Two of the answers will be distractors and two will be close. Its learning to identify the two that are wrong and two that have little real differentiation. Its that differentiation that makes you go back to the question and look for words like "best" or "most appropriate" that separate the last two from one another and ultimately the final choice. Once your comfortable understanding the question format its just a matter of knowing the material at hand.
  • Options
    huddahudda Member Posts: 101
    You the best always post informative stuff.
    Thank you
    Hudda
  • Options
    huddahudda Member Posts: 101
    Thank you for informtion friend, but the link for CCCure website did not work, and I want to know is it free or you have to pay ?

Thanks
    Hudda