Options

Does Internship experience count towards Certification's?

mowbr4mowbr4 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Everyone,

I recently passed my CISA exam. I would now like to apply for certification but have a question in regards to experience. I started out as a full-time intern in 2008 (while in school) and converted full-time in 2010. Would my internship experience count towards my certification? I was a full-time intern during the summer and winter. I was part-time during the spring and fall. I have now been a full-time employee since December 2010.

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mowbr4 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I recently passed my CISA exam. I would now like to apply for certification but have a question in regards to experience. I started out as a full-time intern in 2008 (while in school) and converted full-time in 2010. Would my internship experience count towards my certification? I was a full-time intern during the summer and winter. I was part-time during the spring and fall. I have now been a full-time employee since December 2010.

Thanks everyone.

Suggest you email them direct to find out.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    As long as it falls within the required domains, is valid, and verifiable I do not see why they wouldn't consider it as experience. As Turgon said you may want to contact ISACA to find out if you can count it or not.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11