labs

cb3dwacb3dwa Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi all has anyone got any labs workbooks i can use for icnd1

i have gns3 all set up and looking for a decent workbook

cheers

dave

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would like to know if anyone has more, but here is one site: Free CCNA Workbook » Lab Workbook
  • SUBnet192SUBnet192 Banned Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Actually the SUBnet192 link isn't good anymore... The lab guides are available at CCNA Guides | Providing tools for your success!

Thanks for recommending them!
  • impzimpz Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SUBnet192 wrote: »
    Actually the SUBnet192 link isn't good anymore... The lab guides are available at CCNA Guides | Providing tools for your success!

Thanks for recommending them!
    yo Subnet192, you need to remove the ICND1/2 lab links because it's still accessible.
    impz wrote: »
    yo Subnet192, you need to remove the ICND1/2 lab links because it's still accessible.

Thanks for the heads up.. I gave them away for a year so a few more free downloads isnt a big deal. I thought people would be a little bit more generous with donations... 17 out of 10,000 downloads. people are cheap I guess :)

Where did you see the direct links? I removed the files from the old folder but where did you see them from?

Thanks,

Marc
  • impzimpz Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SUBnet192 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up.. I gave them away for a year so a few more free downloads isnt a big deal. I thought people would be a little bit more generous with donations... 17 out of 10,000 downloads. people are cheap I guess :)

Where did you see the direct links? I removed the files from the old folder but where did you see them from?

Thanks,

Marc
    ok I see you have removed the links now. Used the wayback machine, grabbed a cached copy of your site in 2011, got the icnd1 link, rename the website link to point to the icnd2.

EDIT: Your labs were pretty good tho, helped me get my ccna a few months back ... I believe I got my copy around the same time you post it up on techexams
    lol well if you find them useful and feel like rewarding me for my work, head on to ccnaguides.com and buy them :)
  • cb3dwacb3dwa Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how much are they subnet?
    dave
    cb3dwa wrote: »
    how much are they subnet?
    dave

12$ each or 20$ for both. A small amount considering the cost of getting certified (I invested over 1000$ for my CCNA cert - buying gears, books, etc.) I am considering writing lab guides for CCNP (I just passed Switch last week).
    just bought it, looks good

ive got both packet tracer and gns3

cannot test the switch with gns3 and packet tracer is rubbish,
    cb3dwa wrote: »
    just bought it, looks good

ive got both packet tracer and gns3

cannot test the switch with gns3 and packet tracer is rubbish,

Well in my case, I bought the gear to do the labs. I was also confirmed by multiple people that Packet Tracer worked with all the labs in the guide as well. Nothing beats the real thing but $$ :)
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The closest thing to a switch in GNS3 would be adding an Etherswitch module to a router... Other than, and I agree, it sucks.

I've read of people using "Breakout" switches, and other methods of simulating the router on the computer, while having a physical switches. It cuts the cost if you have a decent computer. Im surprised no one has found a way to emulate a switch icon_sad.gif
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

ive just found ome old equipment at work

3 x 2950 switches
    2x 3600 router
    and a 3500 xl router

better than packet tracer i think
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    much.

And at work too. We've only got these two Baynetwork Hubs here...
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams