Options

Head of the IT System Admins job pay???

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had to pick my jaw off the floor.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you are close icon_thumright.gif ...it is funny how many job opportunities I have been getting ever since I became IT manager
    and of course fine tuning my IT art! getting mad-skills...but that is why I declined....I think I can get a better offer later on (6 digit range)...it seems I am in my prime and have time yet..my dad has about 5-10 years left and well I can afford
    to stay here where I am..but yeah that kind of money plus is nice freaking finally! haahahah LOL!

but along with the big bucks I can tell you this, you had better make sure you really know your stuff. because they do require MORE accountability BIG TIME!

BIG MONEY = BIG RESPONSIBILITY and for IT I am sorry to say they really stretch a person.

I my book you deserve that kind of money when you are doing big stuff..

CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs get 6 figs and well what do you think a Senior Sys admin does sit on his or her butt all day; no way..many IT Staffing is way under normal numbers as far as exact amount of personnel to run the IT Systems I can tell you that first hand
    from experience and from IT friends telling me they are always unders staffed.

Like 1 = 3 ratio

1 IT Dude does a 3 IT person job. no kidding.. putting in SALARY hours BIG bucks maybe but way more hours could be 70 plus a weeks sometimes when projects come and such and normally it is after hours..

this place did have what I call a dream job they had 4 days on 3 days off

4 ten hour days and off friday and sat and sunday unless project time comes around..

but we IT guys/gals deserve the big bucks for putting in so many hours and scratching our heads on learning new stuff all the time to keep up with technology trends..