Options

Which to take 2001 or 2005 Network+???

NauticaManNauticaMan Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are employers going to consider someone with the 2005 Network+ Exam or Someone with a 2001 Network+ Exam...Need some opinions so I can decide on which test to take...

Comments

• Options
    12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    NauticaMan wrote:
    Are employers going to consider someone with the 2005 Network+ Exam or Someone with a 2001 Network+ Exam...Need some opinions so I can decide on which test to take...

At the moment, I don't think employers aren't looking for one version over another since the new version recently was added. I would try for the new version though, since it only has 10 questions more, passing score is 545 instead of 646 and you'll be network+ 2005 certified.

The choice is up to you. I wrote the old version since I began my studies 6 months ago. You'll make the right decision. Best of luck.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    It doesn't matter. I wouldn't put which version I passed, just which year I passed. If the employer cares, or even knows it was updated, they'll ask. Net+ is more of a resume compliment than a job getter. Also, wrong forum, but no big deal. icon_wink.gif
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Net+ is more of a resume compliment than a job getter.
    Well said. And I agree it doesn't matter much which version you go for, but if your new to IT and not in hurry, I'd suggest going for the 2005 exam as it does cover some 'modern' topics that should be part of a good foundation in basic networking.

[topic moved]