Options

CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Practice Test Questions (Get Certified Get Ahead)

j86cicij86cici Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'd like to see as many different questions as possible before taking the exam. Do the practice questions differ from the two exams and the end-of-chapter quizzes in the standard study guide by Darril?

On a side note, I've read the book twice (the second time while making flash cards) and have gone through all of the questions in the book. I took both 100 question assessments after my reading. I scored 88% on the first assessment, 95% on the one at the end of the book and averaged 90% on the quizzes.

For those who have used the standard study guide, how would you compare the difficulty of the questions in Darril's book with that of the SY0-301 test?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    At the moment, the questions in the practice test questions Kindle edition book you're mentioning are largely a subset of the questions in the study guide. The difference is that they are formatted differently for the Kindle and include flash cards to reaffirm important topics.

You are getting good scores but one thing I like to stress is to read the explanations too. Ideally, you should be able to look at any question and know why the correct answer is correct, and why any of the incorrect answers are incorrect. That way it doesn't matter how CompTIA formats or words a question, you'll be able to get it correct.
  • Options
    nycidnycid Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Read Darril's book from front to back. Understand the questions you missed. Then get the app for your phone. Take the test. Darril's book really covers about 99% of the test. I was skeptical at first but can assure you this is just about all you need.

Good luck!