Computer heats up quicker at balanced mode than at high performance mode, why?

thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
As far as i know and according to my research about these modes, the computer makes use of the CPU resources at high performance mode more than others.(balanced and power saver).

But, my observation shows that 'once i run an application which requires more power', it gets heat up at balanced more quickly than at high performance. Why could this be?
Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

Comments

• WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    thedrama wrote: »
    As far as i know and according to my research about these modes, the computer makes use of the CPU resources at high performance mode more than others.(balanced and power saver).

But, my observation shows that 'once i run an application which requires more power', it gets heat up at balanced more quickly than at high performance. Why could this be?

Run SpeedFan and see what the temps/fan speeds are at each mode. Also, try updating your chipset drivers to the latest ones as quirks like that can be a result of incompatibilities in the software that arise from updated code. Worst case scenario, you have a faulty temp sensor that goes haywire.