Starting my CISSP studying!

shagismshagism Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am going to take the CISSP in April.

I bought the Official Guide and a study guide and the shon harris videos.

I signed up for cccure.org testing.

So far I am in the 60% range for the 2 domains I have read/watched (Access Control and Information Governance) on cccure.

I hope to have another chapter done today and will try taking some quizzes on that domain tomorrow.

There is a TON of information in this exam and the questions are so much more precise and specific than the other certification questions that I have encountered.

Comments

• ZekeCISSPZekeCISSP Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, sounds like you have a good start.
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I'm also taking the exam in April. :)
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you can swing it I'd recommend buying and using as many quiz books you can stand reading. With so many out there it may be difficult to choose but in the same flavor you get many different views of what the exam will look like as well. Some books are treacherously difficult while others will seem almost too easy. Problem is: They are all correct. You'll find some really easy questions on the exam and some that are just mind-bogglingly difficult. Being a weighted exam you want to be able to answer as many of the tough questions you can and pass easily rather than just scraping by on the 70% thing.
  • shagismshagism Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cool. Thank you for the advice. Do you have particular quiz books that you liked?
  • skvskv Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Shagism -- my study material was basically the same as yours and I passed this Jan :)

The only suggestion I would have is to practice as much as possible on the ccure.org test site.