CBT Nugget Prices

pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
So last year I went onto cbtnuggets to purchase a couple videos. I saw the 70-680 was $299 and decided to delay purchasing until this year. What a huge mistake that was, all of their videos are now $499 to download.
When did this happen!!!?????
God deserves my best

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    pizzaboy wrote: »
    So last year I went onto cbtnuggets to purchase a couple videos. I saw the 70-680 was $299 and decided to delay purchasing until this year. What a huge mistake that was, all of their videos are now $499 to download.
    When did this happen!!!?????

I think I might consider going a different route.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I noticed the same thing recently. I don't know why all of a sudden a bunch of their material went up in price.
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would pass on CBT. From my experience Trainsignal is superior.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    They may have jacked it up because of the $24 for 24 hours pricing they do.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I must admit that the 24 hour pricing is pretty good. I have already done this once and watched near enough all the videos I can. I wrote down near enough everything he said :)
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I would suggest trainsignal if you actually want to watch the videos over a couple weeks or months time frame. I bought the linux+ videos, they were pretty damn good.
  • headshotheadshot Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Chris Bryant on fast playback = beast mode.
  • pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dave330i wrote: »
    I would pass on CBT. From my experience Trainsignal is superior.

I guess that's a viable second option. But I must say I'm sorry to see the nuggets go.
    God deserves my best
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    It is crazy that their prices went up from $350 to $500. I am not sure if you can view all their videos with the $24 deal. I tried it once to see the new series they have, which is the CCNA Lab, but I could not view it. I talked to their CS and he said that, that series can only be viewed by annual subscribers. I wish that they made a list of series that cab be viewed by the $24 subs.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thehourman wrote: »
    It is crazy that their prices went up from $350 to $500. I am not sure if you can view all their videos with the $24 deal. I tried it once to see the new series they have, which is the CCNA Lab, but I could not view it. I talked to their CS and he said that, that series can only be viewed by annual subscribers. I wish that they made a list of series that cab be viewed by the $24 subs.

Oh ? Even though they state you get access to the entire library ?

CBT Nuggets
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Actually it was $29 when I bought it. CCNA Labs was the only reason why I bought the $29 deal, but ended up watching the CCNA voice and Juniper. I think this was somewhere in November or December.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • nycidnycid Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I tried the CBT nuggets for the 70-680 i'm not impressed. The Trainsignal (apparently the same price) gives a better story (scenerio) feel and practice exams......