IT Vendor to buys network and computer parts - Invoice me

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
hey is there any IT vendor you guys know of that doesn't require
a credit card that I can buy stuff over the phone by looking or just calling it in
andthen they invoice me and I send a check?

I just hate always having to do the credit card thing. I need speed.
Call, order, email me the invoice, pay check now.

???

Comments

• ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Almost every IT vendor worth buying from does net terms. Ingram Micro, Techdata, CDW, even Newegg.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hey ptilsen
    what is net terms? thanks man
  • computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks I appreciate your help.
  • computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    You're welcome.
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)
  • dustinmurphydustinmurphy Member Posts: 170
    ptilsen wrote: »
    Almost every IT vendor worth buying from does net terms. Ingram Micro, Techdata, CDW, even Newegg.

Unfortunately, many net terms are based on business credit, which one may not have. I know that there are several VAR's that won't give you net terms unless you have a DnB listing. It's very difficult to get net terms if you're a new startup company...
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Unfortunately, many net terms are based on business credit, which one may not have. I know that there are several VAR's that won't give you net terms unless you have a DnB listing. It's very difficult to get net terms if you're a new startup company...

Indeed, it is generally not something you can just get. However, if you built a relationship with the vendor it will happen. If you aren't "big" enough to use a distributor, HP Source, etc, you will probably want to start building a relationship with CDW.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • dustinmurphydustinmurphy Member Posts: 170
    ptilsen wrote: »
    Indeed, it is generally not something you can just get. However, if you built a relationship with the vendor it will happen. If you aren't "big" enough to use a distributor, HP Source, etc, you will probably want to start building a relationship with CDW.

Yeah, I ran into this problem with my current employer. They're a startup company and do not have much credit, nor do they have a DnB listing. I had a GREAT relationship with my Insight contact (I used to work with him.... AT Insight), but they would not extend us any credit without a DnB listing. Same thing with Dell and CDW. Other companies, however, would extend net 30 to us without any credit applications or anything (5k limit). Same thing with