Options

Wanting to pursue CCNP, quick question.

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
After I take my ICND2 I'm going to pursue the CCNP.

I was wondering if taking the CCNA:Security and Voice would benefit my knowledge going into the CCNP.

Voice and Security are both topics I'm really interested in, but, I just wasn't sure if I'd get a certain percentage through the CCNP and think to myself, "wow, i really should have taken the CCNA:Voice because I don't fully understand this topic".

The way I'd like to work it is; Take ICND1+2, go onto CCNP and then go back and study CCNA:Security and Voice.

In my line of work I have access to a lot of cisco devices so the cost of equipment really isn't applicable since I can just borrow equipment for a period of time.

Any input will be much appreciated.
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I haven't taken the CCNA: Voice, but I'd imagine based on the material I learned while studying for the CCNP, it would be helpful for both Wireless and Voice exams.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Having done CCNA-Voice and worked through some of the CCNA-Security, there is not a lot (if any) of cross-over from them to the CCNP R&S track. They are totally different beasts...
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Switch has some (marginal) crossover with the Security track, but it's really minimal. I don't think there would be any crossover with the voice track.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    +1 to the responses. I was studying for the Switch test then shifted to CCNA Security and didn't really see much (if any) overlap between the two.
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I appreciate the replies folks. On to CCNP after ICND2.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S