Accessing Bios on HP Proliant DL360 G7

ITtech2010ITtech2010 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

I am having trouble accessing the bios on this device. Any clue on how to do it? I tried researching on the websites on Google nonetheless it's not really clear. I tried pressing F9, F12, F8 in the beginning and it doesn't. Not sure what to do. Thanks.

Comments

• nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    On the proliants we use, its f1-f2, but often delete.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Do you get a splash screen on startup? The DL350-G6 we just got in fires up with one, and gives us a menu with each F-key function.
  • ITtech2010ITtech2010 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @nosoup4u i will try the delete key this time

@Bokeh Yes i get the splash screen with each F-Key listing but i need to get into the Bios.

Here's the issue. We are trying to use the console connection to access the routers and switches for our CCNP/CCIE lab. The problem is the console connection does not work. An engineer who worked here previously allowed the connection to be bridged to the ilo connection...If that makes sense. So we want to enable the console connection so it's functional. We're allowed to use the proliant server for our lab. Only issue is accessing it so we wanted to check the console connection in the bios if its blocked.

Thanks for any assistance you guys can offer.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    F11 brings the boot menu. Once there go to option 9 for RBSU.
    Will that point me to the bios to enable the console connection?? I never worked on these servers before but i looked at RBSU and it did not have the option of going in the bios.
    ITtech2010 wrote: »
    Will that point me to the bios to enable the console connection?? I never worked on these servers before but i looked at RBSU and it did not have the option of going in the bios.

Yes. It is know as the ROM-Based Setup Utility. Once in go to System Options > Serial Port Options > Embedded Serial Port and make sure it is NOT disabled.
    Let me try this and i will let you know in a few. Thanks!
    I am in rbsu but how do I get to system options ect? I just see you can do show or set commands
    Thanks for your help Cyber. I was finally able to access the bios. icon_cheers.gif
    Cyber,

I enabled the console connection but my co-worker is still unable to access the router via the console.

In Embedded Serial Port settings I picked Com 1 (Com2, Com3 and Disable are other options)

Virtual Serial Port I left it to disabled.

Bios Serial Console Port - Auto
    BIS Baud Rate - 9600
    EMS Console - Disabled
    BIOS Interfae Mode - Auto

Is there anything I should change? After settings are saved how should i go about accessing it? Thx
    Has he double checked that the cable works and that the connections settings are correct?
    Yeah he did and i asked him what we were using to try to console into it and he said minicom. Minicom does not connect to any of the devices we have set up which is weird.