Options

Malware advice

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
Non cert but security related. Got hit with Exploit:JS/Blacole today. Completely unexpected, wasnt even using the computer most of the day but w/e. Long story short, I got hit did full scans with MSE and MBAM. MSE detected the code in my internet files folders (ie and ff) and when I attempted to launch IE. I removed the files and reviewed my services file, and addons for both browsers disabled what I found (for some reason ie doesnt include a remove option for toolbars and extentions, just a disable...) anyway. I thought I was good to go but shortly after launching ie got the flag again.

So my first instinct is to format and reinstall. I may do that but I am interested in a few things maybe you guys can help with. First, based on what I saw on the MS database it looks like this is an exploit kit. Is that correct? How are these kits usually delivered? Being that this doesnt not appear to be outside of the browser, is it reasonably safe to backup changed files since my last backup? And finally, is anyone aware of any software that will remove this kit? MSE doesnot obviously remove the complete infection.

Comments