OSX Mountain Lion Developer preview drops

rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
Apple - OS X Mountain Lion. Innovation comes back to the Mac.

Looks like it will be released this summer
CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS

Comments

• EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    "Inspired by iPad"

So Apple saw Windows 8 and went "Oh crap Microsoft is making their next O/S more like a tablet O/S, we better make ours more like our tablet O/S." ? :p
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hmm is it me or the timeframe for this OS seems shorter than the other gaps of OS releases by Apple? I hardly even got to see Lion...now Mountain Lion?? Was it not last summer Lion was released or no?
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    RomBUS wrote: »
    Hmm is it me or the timeframe for this OS seems shorter than the other gaps of OS releases by Apple? I hardly even got to see Lion...now Mountain Lion?? Was it not last summer Lion was released or no?

Yeah it was. I agree this is pretty quick. Personally I'd consider this more like a service pack but I'm sure more information will be coming out.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Everyone wrote: »
    "Inspired by iPad"

So Apple saw Windows 8 and went "Oh crap Microsoft is making their next O/S more like a tablet O/S, we better make ours more like our tablet O/S." ? :p

I think Microsoft were the ones who said "oh crap" first icon_lol.gif I've yet to download the preview of Win8 yet. I'm really curious as to "how" it is going to be received once it is released. Majority of businesses are still running XP or in early stages of Win7 deployment. And now Win 8 is going to come and muck it all up.