Options

Very strange dilemma

fluk3dfluk3d Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
I recently got offered a new job, better hours, salary increase, etc.. along with more enterprise software/hardware I will be able to get experience with. I did a lot of research about the company before making any decisions any everything came out positive, even the employer has been rated top 10 employer in the province (Canada)

Here is where the strange part comes into play, after speaking with my current employer and explaining the situation to them, we have decided to part ways on good terms. I have assisted to stay and transition my replacement into my role. I got a resume on my desk and noticed it's for the same position I was offered at the same company.

That kind of gave me a weird feeling however; it could be the person is looking for change.. anyways I figured I would see what other people thought of the situation..
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Wait so... the person who you'd be replacing at the company you accepted a new job with, applied for the job you are leaving? That is a very weird coincidence.
  • Options
    Everyone wrote: »
    Wait so... the person who you'd be replacing at the company you accepted a new job with, applied for the job you are leaving? That is a very weird coincidence.

Exactly! haha it sounds very odd but concerning at the same time...
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    fluk3d wrote: »
    Exactly! haha it sounds very odd but concerning at the same time...

mind = blown haha.

Well, sometimes people do just want a change. Maybe he felt he was getting stagnant and just wanted to move on.
  • Options
    vCole wrote: »
    mind = blown haha.

Well, sometimes people do just want a change. Maybe he felt he was getting stagnant and just wanted to move on.

This is true, judging by his resume he does have a wealth of experience and possibly looking for change, on the flip side of things if it doesn't work out both employers could "swap" back :)
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    HAHA! What are the friggin odds. Is that town's population less than 100? Surreal.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Job swapping in the same time --- sounds like an interesting way of keeping things fresh!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is the first I've ever heard of this. I mean I'm sure it happens, and as evidenced here, it has but...WOW!
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    techinthewoodstechinthewoods Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like an episode of the Twilight Zone. All we need now is the cruel ironic twist ending and a voiceover with the moral lesson.

Are you going to ask the guy why he left the other company?
  • Options
    Sounds like an episode of the Twilight Zone. All we need now is the cruel ironic twist ending and a voiceover with the moral lesson.

Are you going to ask the guy why he left the other company?

I'm very tempted but if he doesn't get my position it's going to make things very awkward one minute I go from interviewing him to being his co-worker haha..

It must be a skills issue because judging by his resume he has never stayed with a company more then 2-3 years and he's been improving his skill set every job he goes to
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Inception much?
    meh