Options

New Users cannot connect to exchange - New issue!

albangaalbanga Member Posts: 164
Hey All,

I am really hoping someone can help me out here.
Just recently (unsure exactly when) any new users we started creating on the system are unable to connect to exchange.

Background:
We are running Terminal services on 2003 using exchange 2003 with outlook 2007 as our client.
We have been running this environment for over 1 year now without an issue.

Recently however whenever we try setting up a new user we get the following error message:
"Outlook Cannot Logon, Verify you are connect to the network......"

The user can access everything else on the network and can ping the exchange server.
All existing users have no issue with their mailbox.
I did however log into the terminal server using the system admin and tried creating an exchange profile and received the same error message. No matter what profile i try to connect with i get the same error.

As i said i am unsure when this started happening. We have a WSUS server that we let do its own business so it could have don something but again we are unsure.

I have looked everywhere on the internet for an answer. Many people have experienced the issue but most of the fixes i have tried did not work so im currently stumped.

Any advice or information on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.
Exchange and Outlook are both fully service packed to the latest release.

Thank You

Comments

• Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Can the new users access their mailboxes from OWA? What about from a workstation? Is the issue limited to just Outlook on just that server?
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    albanga wrote: »
    Hey All,

I am really hoping someone can help me out here.
    Just recently (unsure exactly when) any new users we started creating on the system are unable to connect to exchange.

Background:
    We are running Terminal services on 2003 using exchange 2003 with outlook 2007 as our client.
    We have been running this environment for over 1 year now without an issue.

Recently however whenever we try setting up a new user we get the following error message:
    "Outlook Cannot Logon, Verify you are connect to the network......"

The user can access everything else on the network and can ping the exchange server.
    All existing users have no issue with their mailbox.
    I did however log into the terminal server using the system admin and tried creating an exchange profile and received the same error message. No matter what profile i try to connect with i get the same error.

As i said i am unsure when this started happening. We have a WSUS server that we let do its own business so it could have don something but again we are unsure.

I have looked everywhere on the internet for an answer. Many people have experienced the issue but most of the fixes i have tried did not work so im currently stumped.

Any advice or information on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.
    Exchange and Outlook are both fully service packed to the latest release.

Thank You

Give us the whole error message. Do a ctl + right click on outlook icon to get the connection status. Running outlook on a terminal server has some issues revolving around it. I think this actually has more to do with Outlook than Exchange - has outlook recently been patched? Check to make sure the outlook profiles are not set to cached exchange mode, this only works on terminal servers in Outlook 2010.
  • Options
    albangaalbanga Member Posts: 164
    Thanks for the responses!
    Thought i should check in to say this has been resolved.
    Dont ask me exactly why but our system admin had delegated one of our DC's from being a global catalog server. After again making it a global catalog server again it all started working?? No complaints from here though :)