Options

What is the standard period for a A+ for one to finnish?

E.SE.S Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, How long(months) did it take you to finnish your A+ and what are the best books for it? Assistance PLS!

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    You might like to read the posts in this thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/a/74122-study-time.html

There is no standard, and there are many variables.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I tend to agree that there are a lot of variables and it's hard to put a number on it. For A+, I would giver ranges of 10-40 hours spread over 1 to 8 weeks. I've used ExamCram in the past, but that was many years ago. There are also sorts of great books. If you don't have a lot of experience fixing general computer problems and knowledge of hardware, you'll need more time. You'll also want to consider getting some practice questions.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    E.S wrote: »
    Hi, How long(months) did it take you to finnish your A+ and what are the best books for it? Assistance PLS!

How much experience do you currently have?

As mentioned, it depends...

Download a copy of the objectives and review the areas you may wish to invest more study time.

Mike Meyers All-in-one as well as the Sybex text are two of the oldest guides for test prep and tend to be the most consistent for content to help one prep for the A+. Get one or both plus download the objectives. Set a date 30-60 days from know for your exam unless there is a serious reason to take it sooner or later than 60days.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    As Darril indicates this depends greatly on many variables. The biggest is what is your background with computers? You could brush up over a couple of weeks or take 4 week+ plus for each exam..

The key is, study until you feel confident and comfortable with the material then take the test and get that pass the first time because you know what was being asked.
    Best of luck in you endeavors!
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014