Options

Passed CWTS!!

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
hey just came back to say I passed my CWTS exam and it was easier than I expected. It was certainly the easiest one i've done so far. I did it because I wanted a better understanding of wireless fundamentals and felt it would be a nice stop gap exam before I do CCNP. I finished the exam in about 30 minutes and was surprised at how easy it was.
I've now attained 6 certs in the space of 11 months. Really pleased with my effort as didn't think i'd ever achieve more than two of those. Just goes to show if you focus and work hard anything that you previously thought impossible (subjective of course) is actually possible. It really has given me a lot more confidence in myself to do things
I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• Options
    thall860thall860 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go! Congrats on your accomplishments in the last 11 months!
    Had all of my WGU courses but too much to keep up on. I am working at it, will let you know when finished.
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats!

Will you be moving onto CWNA in the future?
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Congratulations on passing the CWTS exam!icon_thumright.gif

And yes, the CWTS is a rather easy and non-technical exam. That's why I recommend people already skilled in using 802.11 jump directly to the CWNA. Still, the CWTS is a great leaning experience.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!

My only problem with taking the CWNA instead of the CWTS, is that you have to renew every three years, and if you are not in a wireless role you can't go for CWNE.
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Congrats!

Will you be moving onto CWNA in the future?

Thank you
    Yes I probably will move onto CWNA later but for now going to start on CCNP and try to get that under my belt.:)
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's sweet. Keep up the momentum.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Awesome work! Make sure to keep us updated on your CCNP journey as well!

Regards,
    Fin
  • Options
    rdinanrdinan Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is what I was trying to find out, is the CWTS worth taking or would I be better off with the CWNA. I just got my ccna-wireless so I figure there should be some overlap but I didn't want to go for a lower level cert, nor did I want to jump in too far over my head.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Congratulations on passing the CWTS exam!icon_thumright.gif

And yes, the CWTS is a rather easy and non-technical exam. That's why I recommend people already skilled in using 802.11 jump directly to the CWNA. Still, the CWTS is a great leaning experience.
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    rdinan wrote: »
    This is what I was trying to find out, is the CWTS worth taking or would I be better off with the CWNA. I just got my ccna-wireless so I figure there should be some overlap but I didn't want to go for a lower level cert, nor did I want to jump in too far over my head.

There is not as much overlap as you think, although I do recommend CWNA over CTWS if you have experience with WLANs already. If not read the CWTS book (don't go for the cert) then go for the CWNA.

I found the CCNA:W did not cover enough 802.11/RF in my opinion.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS