Options

Outlook 2007 - Can you create a meeting people book themselves into?

albangaalbanga Member Posts: 164
Hey All,

This may seem like a strange request but i am investigating whether you can create a meeting within outlook 2007 that people book themselves into.

What i am trying to achieve is creating a calendar in our public folders that is an open invite. I want staff to be able to book themselves into a certain session of training and for the reminder to pull through to their personal calendar.

What i am trying to avoid is sending training invites to the entire company. We run a lot of training and this would be a nightmare.

Currently we are using a shared excel workbook but staff being staff continually book themselves in but don't add the invite into their outlook calendar and never show up. And YES i do understand that's pretty unacceptable but the fact of the matter is it continually happens and the training co-ordinator is starting to get a little fed up.

If anyone has any other suggestions that would also be great. Basically we want to send minimal correspondence but ensure the meeting is in their calendar.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Yes, you just need to set the "Default" permissions properly on the calendar.

You'll want to give "Default" permissions to "Full details" for Read. "Create items", "Edit Own", "Edit All", for Write, and "Own" for Delete Items.

That should allow people to open up a meeting and add themselves to it.

There is a down side though, it will also give them permissions to change the meeting time, details, attendees, etc.
  • Options
    albangaalbanga Member Posts: 164
    Thanks for the reply.

That has worked!